Dessert: No-bake Vegan Chocolate Mousse Tart Recipe
An extremely easy, scrumptious-looking vegan dessert that can be prepared in under 30 minutes, without an oven!
Every bite is packed with rich flavour and nutrition, without using the heavy cream, eggs and butter you get from your everyday pastries. All you need is a fridge and a food processor. Let’s begin!
No-bake Vegan Chocolate Mousse Tart
Prep-time: 15 mins
Ready in: 45 mins
Ingredients (Makes approx. 12 small tarts or 1 6-inch tart)
50g Nuts (We used 25g walnuts, 25g almonds)
50g Seeds/Dessicated coconut (We used white sesame for its unique flavour)
1 Tbsp Ground flax/chia seed (Helps to bind the mixture)
30g Maple syrup
One whole Avocado
200g Silken tofu
60g Maple syrup
30g Cacao powder
20g Coconut oil
1 tsp Cinnamon
A hint Vanilla extract
Goji berries, dessicated coconut, cacao nibs, blueberries, raspberries, dried cranberries, etc.
- Blend all the ingredients for the crust in a food processor until a coarse mixture is formed.
- Press the crust mixture firmly onto a baking tin or muffin tin.
- Blend all the ingredients for the filling in a food processor until completely smooth. Spread evenly on top of the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving, preferably overnight.
- Get creative with the decoration!
- You can use any kind of nuts and seeds you like! Cashews, pistachios, pecans, sunflower seeds etc. Great way to use up the stash lying around in your pantry!
- You can replace maple syrup with other kinds of vegan sweeteners as well! Agave nectar, coconut nectar, date syrup etc.
- Strain the liquid from the tofu by compressing it against a sieve or a fine-mesh bag.
- Use a detachable baking tin or paper cake liners to make things easier when you take out the tarts.