Jul 30: Breathwork & Meditation Charity Class
Meditation is a trending buzzword these days, but how many of you have actually tried? A lot of recent scientific research point out that regular meditation, as short as 10 minutes everyday, helps reduce stress and improve productivity, among many other benefits.
I’m new. What will it be like?
Our breathwork & meditation charity class will be beginner-friendly. Instructions will be easy to follow, given step by step to guide you through the whole process. We will start off with some cleansing breathwork and light stretches, moving on to a short guided meditation session.
The class will be taught in English.
How much is it?
It’s a charity class so please pay as you wish! The money collected from the event will be donated to Mercy For Animals, an American-based charity organization that works on protecting farmed animals.
More about Mercy For Animals.
– Yoga mats are available at the venue. Feel free to bring something comfortable to sit on like a cushion or blanket (optional).
– Meditating on a full stomach is NOT recommended.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Melissa is a dedicated practitioner of yoga and mindfulness.
– Completed 10-day Vipassana Meditation Course (as taught by S.N. Goenka)
– Teaching assistant of Clayton Horton for Mysore class at Pure Yoga
– 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified training with Dylan Bernstein
– One-month programme with the lineage holder of Mysore-style Ashtanga yoga, R. Sharath Jois, at KPJAYI, India
She believes that the authenticity of yoga teaching comes from regular practice. She hopes to pass on the seed of yoga, which she’s so grateful to have received from all her teachers.