Dessert: Vegan Chocolate and Almond Cookies Recipe
A bite bursting of rich chocolate and crunchy almond flakes without the usual guilt-inducing culprits: butter, refined flour and white sugar!
Who says vegan cookies are dry and bland? Impress your friends and loved ones with this easy and guilt-free cookie recipe!
Vegan Chocolate and Almond Cookies
Prep time: 15 mins
Bake time: 15 mins
Ready in: 60 mins
Ingredients (Makes approx. 40 pcs 5cm-rounds)
200g whole-wheat flour
30g tapioca starch
60g raw cane sugar
80g vegetable oil
40g soy milk
30g almond flakes
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
- Mix all dry ingredients (whole-wheat flour, raw cane sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder and almond flakes), then add wet ingredients (coconut milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract). Mix well.
- Roll the dough in a cylindrical shape and wrap in cling film. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Slice the dough evenly into 0.5 cm thick rounds.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
- Tapioca starch adds crunchiness. If you don’t have it, you can replace it with whole-wheat flour.
- You can grind the raw cane sugar for a finer texture using a coffee grinder.